- Take EXTREME CAUTION when modifying/adjusting/customizing your Registry/System/Startup
Faulty changes may result in crashes/lockups/permanent data loss, or might lead to having you REINSTALL your Operating
YOU are the ONLY one responsible for ANY changes YOU make!
ALWAYS HAVE YOUR MOST RECENT SYSTEM BACKUP
- ALWAYS BACKUP
- BACKUP YOUR REGISTRY BEFORE MAKING ANY CHANGES ➜ see "BACKUP/EXPORT + RESTORE/IMPORT REGISTRY/REGISTRY
KEY(S)", also here (plain TXT) !
- Some of these apps/programs/tools/scripts require adequate/advanced knowledge about critical computing, operating systems, shared environments, networks,
cybersecurity, and other related disciplines:
- Windows NTx (based on Windows NT) = Windows NT4/2000/XP/2003/Vista/2008/7/8/8.1/2012/10/2016/2019/11/2022/newer.
- Windows 9x (based on Windows 95) =
Windows 95/95 OSR1/95 OSR2.x/98/98 SP1/98 SE(U)/ME.
- Some of these files are archived in ZIP, RAR, 7Z or CAB format ➜ you need a file decompression (unZIPping/unARChiving/unRARing) tool to extract their contents ➜ I recommend
- STAY SAFE ➜ Scan for viruses all files downloaded from the Internet, and
beware of false positives, also here (plain TXT) !
- Target Operating System(s)/software/hardware REQUIRED for
- Installing Windows OS components/upgrades/patches/fixes/drivers/tools may require you to be logged on with Administrative/Power User/Sysadmin privileges.
- Windows Vista/newer users
➜ right-click each file ➜ select "Run as Administrator" (temporary fix) or disable User Account Control (UAC) (permanent fix) in:User Account Control (UAC) tweaking tools [free(ware)]:FYI: MDGx tweaked + customized File Manager (FM)
installer (FMNT32.EXE) (free) also installs "Disable User Account Control (UAC)" + "Enable User Account Control (UAC)" items to Desktop
right-click shell context menu.
- NEWest at the top ➜ OLDest at the bottom.
- Items labeled as "discontinued!" ➜ obsolete,
unmaintained +/- abandoned.
- Most all software featured here is free(ware) ➜ Freeware, Free +/- Open Source.
- I do not recommend any crippled/demo/limited/shareware/trialware/retail
software, except the few essentials on my MUST HAVE list, and only if I could not find any free(ware) alternative.
- Most unofficial Windows OSes (Hot)Fixes, Packs + Updates created
using official Microsoft IEAK (INF + SED) installer toolkit (free).
- Check back often for NEW tools +
Certain MDGx.com ancient/old(er), deprecated/discontinued/obsolete/unneeded, deleted/moved/renamed web pages, documents, files,
directories/folders are most likely to have been archived/saved for posterity by these entities, and may still be available for free (gratis):MDGx.com archived/saved directories/folders + all their files:
- Please let me know if you discover any broken links.
- Thank you for your time and patience.
- Enjoy. 😎